About Key West International Airport (EYW)
Key West International Airport (EYW) serves travelers from all over the world. Located on the southeast end of the island, the airport is just minutes from many Key West accommodations, attractions, and downtown Key West. This airport is unique and original. Due to its history, compact size, and geographic location, it sets itself apart from other airports.
Key West International Airport had its first scheduled flight in 1928. During the WWII era, the United States Army used the airport. In 1953, the city of Key West granted Monroe County clear title to Meacham Field. Shortly thereafter, Meacham Field became Key West International Airport.
Today, EYW has the ability to safely and efficiently handle a large number of aircraft operations, connecting Key West to the global air transportation system.
Airlines at EYW
There are four major commercial airlines serving EYW daily. They include:
- American Airlines, providing service to Miami, Washington National, and seasonal service to Charlotte.
- Delta Airlines, providing service to Atlanta.
- Silver Airways, providing service to Fort Lauderdale, Fort Myers, Orlando and Tampa.
- United Airlines, providing seasonal service to Newark and Chicago O’Hare.
Flights routed through Miami International Airport are common. However, some of the smaller airlines such as Cape Air and private charters schedule direct flights from many cities in Florida and the Bahamas. International flights must connect to one of these airlines in Miami. Passengers are advised to check with the airline carrier for specific flight information.
For day tours of the island, visit Miami Everglades Tours.
Services at EYW
ATM & Postal Services
- ATMs – There are 3 ATM machines at the airport and they are located at the Ticket Counter Area, Departure Lounge, and Baggage Claim.
- Postal – A USPS mailbox is located outside the arrivals level on the lower roadway, at the midpoint of the terminal building. Travelers may drop off outgoing mail here.
- FedEx – FedEx is conveniently located at 3553 S. Roosevelt Blvd., Key West, FL 33040, just a short walk from the terminal building.
When you arrive to EYW, you will appreciate a central arrivals area with all services close by and easy to find. Baggage claim, information, desk rental cars, and all ground transportation are just steps away from your arriving aircraft.
Key West International Airport
3491 South Roosevelt Boulevard Key West, FL 33040
Important Phone Numbers
- To book a Hotel call, 800-327-1390
- For Airport Information call, 305-809-5200